October 08, 2020🎀
I was asked:
“Why are you doing awareness ribbons?
Isn’t it over?”
“Isn’t Suicide awareness in the month of September?”
“Isn’t the yellow ribbons used to support our troops”
“Not being disrespectful but:
Every day of my life is about awareness, or what can I do next to bring this subject off the back burner!
Society should be aware that suicide exists not just in September, but every day; we need to be aware that the bitter subject is lurking behind every turn.
My child died by the action of suicide- I am never, ever going to see him again. You may not understand - and I pray that you never experience this type of sheer utter heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, unmotivated, unwelcoming grief in your life.
-the National “Suicide Awareness Month is September.
- The yellow ribbon is also for “the Troops and a few other societal causes.”
- I choose to wear a Yellow ribbon every day.
- I choose to make the Yellow ribbons for awareness.
- I wear Awareness sweaters to bring the subject to the forefront - because MY child, at the age of 28, died by completing his act of suicide.
- Awareness doesn’t end on September 30.
”If it makes you uncomfortable -I’m not sorry.”